The Phoenix Consortium for Social Change was founded by Bishop A. Leon Williams Sr. as a response to the social phenomena that exists in the urban community, specifically within the African American and Hispanic communities. Our focus is to take a multi faceted approach to "Real Change" by addressing issues that plague these communities in a realistic and systematic way using proven, research based and evidenced based methods to create better wholistic outcomes in the aformentioned communities.
The Vision of The Phoenix Consortium for Social Change is to be come a viable and reliable source of "Real Change" within Urban Communties. We envision being an organization that is a catalyst for sustained change and impact in Urban communties. We envision better, vibrant and viable communties, with stronger families, that produce a more morally sound, educated, empowered and informed class of youth. We also envision a more informed and economically empowered urban community, complete with thriving businesses and involvement in its sustainment.
The Mission of The Phoenix Consortium for Social Change, a non-profit organization, is to rehabilitate, educate, empower and facilitate socio-economical change within urban communities. Our Mission will be accomplised using our 5 "E" Model. We will actively
1. Engage all citizens, specifcaly families, parents and community stakeholders about the issues and proposed solutions and involve them in creating solutions.
2. Educate the citizens in the communties ,families and parents in general, and the youth (students), specifcally.
3. Equip the citizens, specifally youth (students) and their parents with knowledge of solutions and tangible resources to combat current and future issues and or problems.
4. Empower the citizens, specifcally youth (students) and their parents to better themselves through education (PK-12) and exposure to the benefits of Higher Education.
5. Evolve the entire "Community" citizens, families, parents, youth (students), stakeholders etc. Through providing programs for things such as alternatives to incarceration, after school programs that support cultural,social and educational growth, homeownership programs etc. Summer Intensive programs that provide youth (students) with opportunties to learn about their history and higher eduation, while improving their overall social, emotional and academic ability, as well as exposing them to industries through interships."We" The Phoenix Consortium for Social Change will "Evolve" these communties by being the catalyst and or change agent needed to bring about change for all members of the aformentioned communties, by investing in its most precious resource, its youth (students).